Sinus, has become major problems nowadays, why this is caused? How to identify whether you have these sinus problems? What causes sinus? Let’s check out them in detail below.
What is a Sinus?
Chronic Sinusitis is known as the sinus, is a common problem in which you can check out your cavities in the nasal passage getting swollen and inflamed for more than 10 to 11 weeks.
Most of the sinus problems are caused due to the virus, in some cases its causes due to the bacteria, fungus, etc. Even allergies, tooth infections and other routine health conditions too causes sinus in some people.
What are the major causes of the sinus problems
Proceed below to check out some of the primary reasons for these sinus problems.
- Nasal Polyps: this is a tissue and has the capability to block the sinuses or nasal passages and thus causes severe sinus problems in human.
- Respiratory Tract Infections: This is when there is any infections occurred in the respiratory tract, you will get the common cold and this can later thicken your sinus membranes and blocks the mucus drainage, this can be caused due to fungus, bacteria or virus leading to significant problems.
- Deviated Nasal Septum: This is a crooked septum which means the nostrils walls get a block or restrict the sinus passages and causes significant problems.
- Allergies: Sinus can also be caused due to some inflammations that come along with the allergies, this is capable of blocking your sinuses.
- Medical Conditions: conditions like cystic fibrosis, HIV, gastroesophageal reflux, HIV, immune related issues can cause nasal blockages and thus result in sinus problems.
How to Identify this sinus?
There are many symptoms through which you can identify this symptom quickly, here are some of the symptom through which you can understand that you have sinus. Immediately consult a doctor if you think these symptoms are in you too.
- If any thickening, discolored discharge is occurring from your nose.
- Postnasal drainage at the back of the throat.
- If you find breathing difficulties
- Congestion or nasal obstruction
- If you feel pain around your eyes, cheeks, forehead and nose areas.
- Tenderness or swelling around your nose or eyes.
- Not able to smell things properly.
- If you are suffering from Continuous ear pain
- Feeling ache around your teeth and upper jaw
- Fatigue problems
- Nausea and sore throat
Sinus, divided into chronic and acute, these both of the sinus problems have similar symptoms, but in the case of acute sinusitis, this will act as a temporary infection of the sinus accompanied by cold, fever and fatigue. Fever will not be noticed as a common symptom while considering the chronic sinusitis.
How to protect Sinuses?
Here are some tips through which you can prevent the problems easily
- Apply moist and warm cloth over your face multiple times in a day; this will help in opening the transition spaces.
- Consume more fluids as this can thin the mucus.
- Take steam three to four times in a day.
- Always keep a nasal saline spray and take it multiple times a day.
- Have a humidifier to open up the sinuses; this will moisten the air.
Hope the above guide on sinus will help you to know the problem if the sinus exists in you. Any queries, ideas, and thoughts on the topic are welcome.